Friday, March 27, 2009

Beauty in the Desert

Yesterday morning I went to Joshua Tree National Park with my friend Sara. We hiked around some trails for a bit and just soaked in the beautiful weather and scenery. Here are some pictures from the hike:

Just some desert wildlife. Pretty purple flowers with little light purple blossoms on the tips.



Close up of the arch.


The view from where we were standing



A shot from the hike. We had wondered off of the trail at this point, but we found our way back to it! :)


More desert wild flowers. Pretty red ones. (Don't you love how I know all of the real names of the wildlife?)



There were a lot of these yellow ones around in all different shades. They were pretty.





Yes, it's a cactus, but isn't it beautiful?




The flowers on it were so soft.





Cholla Garden.

These were really cool, there were three layers: light green, brown, and dark brown.

Isn't it amazing that there can be such beauty and life in a place where most people think that everything is dried up and dead? We had a great time. Wish you were there, Derrick! At one point I fell and rolled the ankle that I sprained really badly back in 2007. I thought I was fine, but today it is really killing me! The ironic thing is that I had just told Sara the story of it being sprained like ten minutes before I stepped in the hole. Oh well, with a little ice it should feel better in no time!

3 comments:

  1. Believe it or not. I really do miss the deserts beauty and oh boy the weather. It never stops raining here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so beautiful-there really are some nice things about living in the desert. That's awful about your foot! I took a chunk out of my heel 2 weeks ago by catching it in the door (I wasn't quite awake yet) and it's still heeling. Annoying! I hope you can still exercise and get around ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow its amazing how even in a place you find ugly and hot God has found a way to make it beautiful and special.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?